Tired of file searches taking forever? With hard drives getting larger and
larger it's taking longer and longer to find stuff.
AimAtFile Fast File Search
is a software tool to find files by their content. It provides content search
(full-text search) functionality based on Microsoft Indexing Service included in
Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It lets search for files of many types: Microsoft
Office Documents, HTML, PDF, Plain Text, etc. There are many third party file
search utilities. But they scan all files each time a user tries to find a file.
With AimAtFile Indexing Service scans files in the background as a low-priority
process and AimAtFile requests this index and returns search results instantly.
AimAtFile Fast File Search provides the following features:
- Fast searching. AimAtFile uses fast and powerful Microsoft Indexing Service
to search files by their content.
- Local computer and network searching.
- Flexible queries. You can enter a simple query (a word or phrase), Boolean
expression or Indexing Service query language expression.
- File masks. The program allows to define one or multiple masks to search files
using wildcards and Boolean expressions. You also can search for all files
matching your content query.
- Specific folders searching. You can define a root folder to search. If you do
not define it the program searches all folders in the scope of the specified
Indexing Service catalog.
- Specific catalog searching. You can specify a catalog to request. Otherwise
the program requests the System catalog that always exists on your computer.
- Results sorting. Results can be sorted by a file name, Indexing Service rank
or modification date.
- Results paging. To increase performance results are added to a result list in
pieces of a page size. When the number of results is more than a page size only
one page is placed to the result list at first. Other pages are added when you
scroll down the list.